From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:09:46 -0700
-
>> I can eat one apple or one orange, etc. and feel quite full and not
hungry
>> for a long time. I guess it depends on the individual.
>
>Same here.  I can't imagine eating two apples in quick
>succession, but I can easily eat a cup of nuts (=800 calories).
>Perhaps the only exception to this is grapes, perhaps because so
>many of the available varieties are bred to candy-like sweetness.

The first winter i started to eat instinctively , i piled huge amount of
fliberts on my plate , then for few winters i was doing the same with
walnuts ,then it passed away not having needs for such quantites anymore .
Now at time i eat little nuts or a lot and observed with walnuts 2 or 3
years of not enjoying them .
I must point out that my nuts source are of top quality harvested , dried
and stored by myself .
Satety have  very individual limits depending on present moment conditions
that can be changing a lot. Body metabolism is in constant search for
balance between outside and indide environment.
Eating nuts ( and other foods ) in their undenatured state allow for precise
regulation of intake thru change in taste.
If the nuts are rancid or roasted there is litle indication when satiety for
those particular nutrients have been met . YOu  can eat tons of them and
don't feel satisfied because the nutrient desired by the metabolism of the
moment , have been rendered useless to the body thru its
enaturation.( deformed molecular structure or binded to other molecules  in
compounds that our genetic have not been programmed to  break down in
usefull moecules..)
also you can end up under eating  nuts because the instinctive mechanism of
regulation of intake is "busy " trying to make sens of this uncomprehensible
information given by those new molecules.
Make the ( huge )effort to have access to true nuts ,that is worth it.
A true nut is a nut 1grown organically at least ( not as  important than the
next point ) and 2 dehusked  mechanically , dried at low temperature ,
stored in  the shell cold dry dark place.
Once you will have tasted a true nut you will have hard time to apreciate
the pale imitations sold commercially.
jean-claude
( very important)