From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:33:30 -0400
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Nancy Carreiro wrote:

> on 15/04/01 22:06, Todd Moody at [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
> > I agree with Dori.  Forget the "unlimited calories" propaganda.
> > Currently I limit myself to a single ounce of walnuts per day,
> > for their EFA content.  I consider this preferable to taking a
> > supplement.
>
> Are you counting calories? If so, how precisely (scales and such)?
> What is your calorie deficit right now, and it is efficient in your targeted
> weight loss?

Currently I'm not counting calories.  I'm not losing weight
either.  To lose weight, I must either (a) count calories and
create a specific deficit, or (b) create a deficit by means of
some "trick" that allows me to do so without counting calories.
Either way, involves a certain amount of vigilance, which can get
old after a while.  This is why I tend to stop doing it, and then
regain some amount of weight.  For weight loss, I generally aim
for a caloric deficit of about 500 kcal/day, but I'm not very
precise about it.

Todd Moody