From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:55:32 -0400
Charles Comer wrote:
> As a semi-serious junior in my 11th year of undergraduate studies.  I have
to ask if you ever
> pondered/considered > the benefits of simply eating organic foods,fruits &
nuts,
> lots of grains, lots of vegetables and using the least saturated cooking
oils possible?
> Supplemented with lots of bulk fiber and a high-density protein food.
>Please don't take this as a flame, and no jokes please I'm very interested
in your postings.

Many of us have real trouble with grains and diary. These are also high in
carbs, causing insulin spikes, weight gain and eventual symptoms of type 2
diabetes. Grains are also linked to cancer. "Least saturated cooking oil" --
why? This oil would break down at low temperatures, causing toxic
peroxidation, and would be heavy in w6 fatty acids.

>The omega acids you constantly mention are only good for the Eskimo & Inuit
fringe members

Where is your evidence of this? These citations are very selective. Most
citations here mention many other reference sources and studies other than
these. Omega fatty acids are essential to all life.

> Medical Research in animals (mostly mammals, and on going R&D by pet food
> company's, since the early 1930's) shows that a High nutrient & mineral &
> vitamin diet of reduced calories, can actually increase the life span of
the studied subject organisms.,

Yes, calorie reduction is the only consistently studied diet that is close
to being "proven" (at least in other animals) to lengthen life. I have read
Walford, I followed this diet for several years but found it very difficult
(impossible) to maintain.

A paleo diet is simply a diet as analogous as possible to that diet that we
are genetically designed to eat. Perhaps best is paleo calorie reduced, but
this is very hard

--Richard