C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mckinlays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:18:26 +1200
Dear group

I have sent an email to the CPPARENT group for help but wonder if any of you experience the same problems and can offer any advice.

Thank you.

Can anyone give me more information about this or similar drugs. Our daughter Sarah is 6 and has athetoid CP. She takes baclofen to reduce spasticity but we are having great problems with her involuntary movements. She has such strength that we are constantly being hurt when her arms start swinging. She gets upset because she doesn't want to hurt us and I hate being scared of when the next swing will connect.

Can anyone offer advice on other meds to try, side effects etc. There was a post a few days ago that mentioned tetrabenazine for involuntary movements but I've never heard of this. Baclofen is Sarah's only med - she does not have seizures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Elizabeth Mum to Sarah 6 athetoid CP and Rachel nearly 3 (nda)