C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:43:32 +0000
On Friday 16 March 2001  3:04 am, Rayna Lamb wrote:
> Ken, you have made my day!  No one EVER asks me what I am reading.
> Since you asked, some of the books currently on my bedside table
> are: `Delighting the Heart - A Notebook by Women Writers'
> `The Female Maladay - Women, Madness and English Culture'
> `The Fire Next Time' by James Baldwin
> `Silences' by Tillie Olsen
> `Martin Chuzzlewit' by Charles Dickens - I LOVE Dickens, just
> started reading him last year and I am seriously hooked!
> `Dickens and Women'

Have a look at my email address (another fan!!).

I have all Dickens novels as E-books (free) let me know which you
want next (they're quite big - 700k ish).

> `The Penguin Book of Twentieth Century Essays'
> and I have just finished reading all four Harry Potter books -
> WONDERFUL, the hype is justified!

The Harry Potter authoress has just donated ALL the money she
received for the latest HP to charity (Comic Relief) it was "Red Nose
Day" yesterday. Comic Relief is a charity which splits its income
40/60 UK/3rd world projects. (She'll make a buck or two out of the
film rights though!!!)

> And I won't even get into the piles of books that I haven't even
> started reading yet 30-40 of them - aaaah, bliss!

Cheers

Deri

Last Read: "The Illustrious Prince" (1907) E. Phillips Oppenheim