C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karen K. Perlow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:13:25 EST
Barbara,

    You have found someone on this list in St.Louis.I live in south county.I
am 43, have 3 children & I am still a walker at the present time.I can't
advise you about meds as well as others here because I haven't had to take
any.....so far.I was wondering if you had thought of the possibility of PT to
replace the chiropractor treatments.Insurance should cover that since you
need a script from your doctor for it.
    I don't know what kind of doctor you're most interested in, but I could
send you the name of my orthopedic surgeon offlist if you'd like.He referred
me to Washington University for a consultation a few years ago.The point is
no matter what doctor you choose, they should LISTEN to what you are telling
them! After all, you know your body better than anyone else.Stop them in mid
sentence if necessary to get your point across.
    With as many good hospitals as St.Louis has, you should be able to find
at least one doctor that will meet your medical needs AND gain your trust.
That comfort level is as important to your well being as any medicine a
doctor could possibly prescribe.Feel free to talk to me offlist about all of
this.

Karen :)