C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:28:59 -0600
To me since I don't smoke myself, it's actually a very interesting habit for
me to watch for a few reasons.  The first reason is the cost, to smoke a few
packs a day isn't cheap, I usually think of other ways to spend the money
instead of smoking it away, I have known people who smoked the same amount
of money as a new car would cost in a few years without having to take out a
big car loan.  Another reason is cleanness, I don't know why anyone wants to
show up somewhere smelling like smoke, I'm sometimes sent over a PCA, who I
call the "human ash tray"because I can smell heavy amounts of smoke on her
clothes.  I feel sorry for her in someway because she is good looking and
smart but her down fall is smoking, I would love to tell her that but I'm
her employer and I feel you mustn't tell your employees what habits to have
and not.  But however, I know great amounts of healthcare professionals who
smoke, to me it would be interesting to do a study to see if taking smoking
breaks actually effects their job performance in someway.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.ara1.net