C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:16:02 -0700
At 02:54 AM 8/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>At Johnston
>college, at Univ. of Redlands, 250 kids. I felt very isolated there.  It's
>not the mass of people that matters is what I found, when I attended cal
>state long beach, it's having good teachers, and a good disabled student
>union, that matters. CSULB has 35,000 students, yet I never felt overwhelmed
>by the numbers.

I'm attending CSULB.  Actually, today is the first day of class.  Having a
large student body can be overwhelming at first, but eventually, (like
everything else), you fit in.  I like the campus and the professors are
very understanding to your needs.  The first week or so is hard and I
expect to be sending out a lot of email to my instructors at introducing
myself and letting them know that I can do the work, but that is all the
fun in a day.  Their Disabled Student Services is excellent.  Whenever I
have a problem in a class, they will settle the matter with my
instructors.  CSULB has the most disable students on campus in CA.  I think
it's 1500.  Very few are in wheelchairs (like myself).  Most of them have
some learning disability.   It's a great school.  I was accepted to Cal
State Fullerton (which also have good support), and Cal Polly.  I ended up
going to CSULB because they had more benefits for me.  Again their DSS is
excellent.

I'm a communication major.