Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:39:20 -0700
Stacie  writes:
> Could there be a relationship between bed wetting and caffeine?
> Since caffeine is a diuretic it seems possible, even likely. Trish,
> perhaps check with your son and see if he's been having any Mountain
Dew lately!
> Also, my MIL taught me when I was pregnant that keeping the bladder
> active during the day makes for more rest at night. >

James doesn't get much in the way of soda.  An occasional root beer, but
mostly juice and club soda.  He doesn't like chocolate of any kind.  He
doesn't even like the smell of it. *he didn't get that from me  LOL*
He's been wetting since babyhood.  He wets less and less with age, but it
is still 2-3 nights a week.  Before it was every night.

Rob writes
> I read a book by John Douglas (FBI profiler) who saw three behaviors
common in abused children who later became violent adult offenders:
> * bed wetting
> * pyromania (obsessive desire to set fires)
> * cruelty to animals

My son does wet the bed,  but he doesn't start fires or picks on animals.
 Although he did take apart and put back together a transistor radio when
he was 4, does that count?  He's fascinated with gismos and gadgets and
how they work.

 Siobhan writes:
<<Here's a scary thing...there is a medication available for children who
wet
<the bed.  It is called desmopressin acetate (said to be a synthetic
<structural analogue of arginine vasopressin and has been used for quite
some
<time now to treat diabetes insipidus.  It retains fluid in the body by
<concentrating the urine.

He was given DDVAP only when he went to camp or if he had a sleep over. I
hated giving it to him when he went to camp, but it did keep him dry.  I
never refilled hi scrip for that.

Susan writes:
<Is he on a paleodiet? Bed wetting is usually due to allergy/intolerance
<grains and/or dairy and other food intolerances.
<My daughter got better on a gluten free diet.

James is on a mostly paleo diet.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Trish

Paleobest,