Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:55:10 -0600
At 04:49 PM 4/6/01 -0500, Stacie Tolen wrote:
>Charles wondered if a vegan would eat ant pie.
>
>Vegans do not eat or use anything in the animal kingdom: mammals, birds,
>reptiles, fish, bugs, etc. and their byproducts: gelatin, honey, eggs, milk,
>leather, bones, etc. Supposedly they are practicing "nonharming". Some even
>go to extremes to avoid acciedntally killing or consuming the tiniest
>organisms. I've heard of people wearing brushes on their shoes to sweep any
>insects out of harm's way so they don't get stepped on, and wearing veils to
>avoid inhaling little bugs. Vegans will tell you that all the Hindus in
<snip>

I spent a time as a vegan for just those reasons, until I came to the
conclusion that on a biochemical level, plants "feel" too--and then gave
up.  'Tis the nature of our world, anyway, that life feeds on life.  So now
I'm just grateful to whatever it was that died to give me a good meal :)

Dianne

who wants to know if it's ants or termites that're supposed to taste peppery?