EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:49:10 -0000
Hello Ruth,

You might like to try the latest technology from the UK.  It is an assistive
reader with simple controls, and speech synthesis combined with a
word-at-a-time display, so the user hears the word as it is displayed.
You can read any ASCII or HTML text on your computer, that you may
have downloaded from the internet, typed in, or scanned in.  So you can
suit the reading material to the user.

The user can set the speed that the text is read to them, or they can "step"
through the text a word at a time.  They can also step backwards to see and
hear a word or sentence again.  They can thus progress at their own pace.
See www.wordaloud.co.uk. for details.  Let me know if you'd like a
demonstration disc: [log in to unmask]

Cheers from Chiswick,

John