From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:02:59 -0400
--- catherine williamson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> A friend's PC power supply blew up so she bought
> a new case that came with a power supply.
> Unfortunately
> neither of us remember where the individual LED
> wires
> were inserted into the motherboard. The wires like
> keylock, turbo etc are labelled but the pins on the
> motherboard are not. I've tried to find a manual on
> the net but it's a very old board (EP40198R100) so
> even
> tho it's probably an Epox board I couldn't get it on
> their site or elsewhere.
> Is it safe to do it by trial and error with the PC
> turned on?
> Cathy

Hi Cathy

I would be careful in this situation. You don't
mention whether this is an AT or ATX system. If it is
ATX then I would recommend having a service tech look
at it and check that nothing else is damaged. On an
ATX system the motherboard controls the power supply,
and in some cases it can be the motherboard that
caused the power supply to burn out, indicating that
the motherboard may also need to be changed. I just
finished working on such a problem for a customer
whose computer had absolutely no power, and at first I
suspected only the power supply, but when I found out
that it was an ATX the whole story changed and after
checking out the complete system it came to light that
the motherboard was finished as well.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml