BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Think about it: do you really __want__ Face.Recognition.Software?" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:53:18 EST
Time to go Brer Rabbit.
Gusts of chilly fall air at 60 stories
sends a telegraph to the bones

The morning frost whitens my beard
my hands are chaffed and chapped beyond my years
The wind cracks the lines of my face
weathered by too many winters riding  scaffold
waiting  for the "good" weather  to return.

The leaves are gone and it darkens early
as shadows scurry below  in the frigid gloom
I watch the lights of the  Chrysler  from my scaffold
 shimmer segmented
in the glass and stone canyons and await the rise of the moon

With my back to the wind
I dream of the soft hills of home
and a wee one at her mothers knee.

She calls me Da-Da and I bear gifts for her
little things that delight  and amuse her to smiles and hugs

Da-Da Home! she says on the phone
and it moves the mountains of my heart.
Da-Da plane!
 and she points a tiny finger skywards
 and I melt heavenward to  tiny arms and a
little heart beating fast for  the sight  of  her Da-Da ..
 ..
So its Good-bye to Broadway.
 Good-bye to the Tenderloin and its garish characters
of pirates and lip stick lookers in nylon mesh.
Good-bye to  the cruel suits
and heartless managers  who micro manage
the life out of your craft and declare themselves proud..

Good-bye Grand Central and the groin vaulted  Oyster Bar
I dream of your pan roasts  and your noble bi valves
and remember the sea.
Good-bye to the Ragged Sleeve and Rudys
and the endless haunts and hobknoberys
of honky tonk
that oil and massage  the soul
in sensuous thought  and warm  conversation.
AND ...
... God Bless the  Public library
and its quiet refuge from the storms of rage and capitalism.
may its peace endure in everymans heart

God Bless the public  parks  their   beauty and kindness.
True islands of   natures consciousness and  inspiration to all .

Yes and God Bless the heroes of World Trade
you and your children will  not be  forgotten

The last of the summer corn is gone
 the  hunters moon approaches.
Brere Rabbit  its time  .Its time

Thank You New York you are a great teacher

Michael
PS....IPTW was