From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:41:04 -0600
I am not sure that being blind would necessarily prohibit working on transmitters.  I would however think that having a second person along would be advisable at least for the mountaintop sites like we have in our area.  that is  just good safety precautions.  While I have done some work on  broadcast transmitters, it has been under direction of the engineer and most of the  work  was not done on live equipment at the time.  That was however when I was much younger and more daring.  I admit to becoming a bit more conservative in my old age.  I currently try whenever possible to stay away from those high rf fields.  By in large most of the broadcast engineers I know today also have a healthy respect for high rf.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 = voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON <[log in to unmask]> 09/26/01 10:25AM >>>
Is this engineer also blind then?  If so how doew he work on transmitters?