RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 12:03:32 EST
Ward,

>Bob, this is a common objection, but the overall contention is not
>supported by thorough evolutionary reasoning--you are leaving out one
>essential factor: The role of intelligence in longer-lived members of
>the human species helping to ensure survival of the rest of their
>communal group.   [Etc.]

Except for dear departed "Uncle" Herbie Shelton and a few isolated
cohorts, none of my elders or "relatives" are doing much to ensure my
longevity, quite the opposite in fact.  Anyway, this has nothing to do
with my point that there is no selective pressure being brought to bear
on our genes to adapt to inappropriate food choices.

>And what is the alternative? Basically it is creationism.

That's one alternative; there are others.  It doesn't seem far-fetched to
me to imagine that this planet was seeded with various life-forms by a
technologically superior culture from another planet that had mastered
space travel, for example.  I'm not saying this is what happened (or
didn't happen), just that there are more choices than evolution vs
creation.  Or that the primary evolution occurred on Mars, say, and a
Noah's Ark-type migration occurred sometime in the distant past when that
environment became unliveable.  Of course you will invoke Occam's Razor
here, but the simplest explanation for a mystery isn't always the Truth.

Awestruck,

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])