RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 07:01:40 -0700
> Last Sunday, at Yankee Stadium, Muslims and Jews sat next to each other.
> A Hindu, a Sikh, a Buddhist, a rabbi, an African American woman minister
> and a Greek Orthodox Catholic priest stood side-by-side in a crowded
> ballpark, holding hands, with  "Adidas" and "Bud-Lite" signs flashing
> overhead!  In other places in the world they are killing each other's
> children.

Liza, do you honestly believe that people of different religious faiths
praying together has never happened anywhere but in America?  The only
quintessentially American thing in that scene is the Adidas and Bud Lite
signs flashing overhead.

It isn't your love of country that I find distasteful.  It's the way you
seem to be leaping from that to saying that honorable individuals cannot
exist outside of an honorable system of government and, by extension, that
the American people are better than any other people on Earth.  For someone
who loves the idea of individual freedom so much, you certainly don't seem
to give individuals much credit for having those minds and hearts whose free
use and expression are the aims of those very values you claim to hold so
dear.  That strikes me as.. well.. un-American.

Carol