RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:01:30 -0700
I found an interesting article on coconut oil on Dr Mercola's web site.

http://www.mercola.com/2001/mar/24/coconut_oil.htm

The only real raw source is of course whole coconuts. The Omega Nutrition
product is supposedly not really raw. I have found a good source of young
coconuts (the kind that you eat with a spoon) in Los Angeles. It is S.S.K.
Produce at Olympic and Hooper 2 blocks west of Alameda. You must buy cases. A
case of 9 young coconuts is $5.oo and they have cases of frozen durians is
$15.60 for 26 pounds of durian. This is either 3 or 4 durians depending upon
size. I enjoyed both the coconuts and the durian.