RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:47:05 -0800
Jo Yoshida wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I have to admit that this plagiarism issue pushes my buttons. Oh well.

It pushes my buttons also.

> I did bring it up a while back on JR's list but I got the usual
> "let's maintain harmony for the good of our movement", "they made a
> mistake; get over it", and "this issue can be discussed elsewhere"
> justifications. I guess I left it since no one cared too much.

I got a similar response on an earlier attempt to bring it up there. Jr said
that Steve Arlin was a friend of his. I left JR's list soon after. It has been
at least a year.

> I've asked Mr. Varjas to cite passages in question but haven't
> received a reply yet.

Please post any response that you get from Frank to the raw-food list. I already
knew that at least two of the first chapters in the first edition of Raw Power
were word for word copies of Dr Bernarr's writings that he has been sending out
for years and has on his web site.

> If Dr. Zovluck has indeed given NFL permission to cut and paste his
> writings nilly willy, then there's nothing more to be said. But if he
> hasn't been given the courtesy of being consulted by Mr. Arlin, then
> I'd like to ask Dr. Zovluck how he feels about this issue.

I saw Dr Bernarr yesterday. He said that he did not give any permissions to NFL
or Steve Arlin to copy his writings. Possibly Dr. Bernarr will comment on this
here. He also showed me some of the comments on some other raw e-mail lists.