RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Josef Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 23:10:57 -0400 (EDT)
> Hi Hugo!

> Would you ask your wife to share the proportions of water to oat groats for
> overnight soaking?  I often  got hypoglycemic when I ate fruit only for
> breakfast.  Have you ever had that problem?

Sandy, I too have had major blood-sugar drops from eating only fruit for
breakfast.  I needed a protein or whole grain with it.  But my system is
kinda screwy.

What are oat groats?  For some grains (e.g., couscous, oats, buckwheat)
I've found that a 1:1 ratio of water to grain comes out perfect.

Have you or anyone else tried just soaking the harder ones, like steel-cut
oats, barley or millet?