From:
james martiny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:18:26 -0500
I have a lexbook se10 notebook running win 3.11.  Text characters that appear on the screen at bootup, all dos text, and text in the cmos setup screens have garbled charaecters.  Most characters that are bad have the next ascii value.  t's are u's, r's are s's etc. The cmos screens also have many exclamation marks (!) all over the screen.  win 3.11 seems to run ok.  The initial cmos screen has the date and time changing wildly.  I have run virus checks for dos and 3.11 and they have been clean.  Is this just a cmos battery issue? or a MB problem?  I was leaning towards the cmos battery idea , but even a dos prompt and typing in dos commands have changed charecters.  Whwy would the cmos battery have anything to do with the system after bootup and OS load?

james martiny