From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:48:54 -0400
At 10:28 AM 8/17/2001, you wrote:
>I have acable modem going just fine.  I purchased a Linksys 4-port Etherfast
>Cable/DSL router today in order to run a couple of PCs off the one cable
>modem.  So far, it does not work.  I was wondering..there is a footnote in
>one of the instructions to delete any firewall software, like Zone Alarm
>(which is what I run).  Is this safe for me to do?  Could this be the problem?
>Thanks,
>Ira Wallin

Ira, have you set up your network card to DHCP if it wasn't already?  Have
you checked the Linksys setup screen to make sure DHCP is enabled?  If you
don't want to use the internal DHCP server in the Linksys that is fine, but
you must assign static IP's to your network card(s).  They must be in the
192.168.1.xxx range as far as I know.

I run the Linksys BEFSR41 with Zonealarm and do not have a problem.  Also,
my Linksys worked right out of the box.  I'm not rubbing it in, mind you,
just saying that it must be something simple.

Eric