From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:40:15 -0400
At 10:28 08/17/01, Ira Wallin wrote:
>I have a cable modem going just fine.  I purchased a Linksys
>4-port Etherfast Cable/DSL router today in order to run a
>couple of PCs off the one cable modem.  So far, it does not
>work.  I was wondering..there is a footnote in one of the
>instructions to delete any firewall software, like Zone Alarm
>(which is what I run). Is this safe for me to do?  Could this
>be the problem?

Hi Ira

I have a Linksys 4-port Etherfast Cable/DSL router and run Zone
Alarm on each of the machines connected to the router with no
problems.

Do NOT delete Zone Alarm.

That said, it might help if you disable Zone Alarm just until
you get things working with the router. To do that, double click
on the Zone Alarm icon in the system tray to bring up the Zone
Alarm window. Open the "Configure" screen. Remove the check mark
from "Load Zone Alarm at startup" and then reboot the computer.

If you get the router properly without Zone Alarm running, and
it doesn't work with Zone Alarm running, we can worry about that
later.

Regards,
Bill

                     support at our newest website: