From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:28:03 -0400
This is going off on a side note... (splitting the thread).
There was a time a year or two back when one of the Manufactures
would extend your HD warrenty a year if you bought a UPS of ANY?
brand with it.  I thought it was a GREAT idea.

With my first computer, I got rid of LOTS of strange problems
when I added a UPS to the system.
The UPS warnings, (up to 60 per day), also pointed the electric company
to a faulty cable OUTSIDE my house on the "neighborhood (220/110v)"
side of the pole transformer wires.       I will not run with-out a UPS
now...
(IT still triggers for "normal" surges/voltage drops around 3 to 4 times a
day.)
          Just my $.02          Rick Glazier

From: "John Beaulieu" <[log in to unmask]
> I didn't have an especially good experience with my Mastor hd.
>  10 gig 7 months old and died an early death (replaced under warranty)
> though I really think part of its demise could be attributed to my using
> hibernate mode a lot. I wasn't aware that it's very hard on all
components -
> won't ever use it again.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com