Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:32:32 -0700
Or you can go into safe mode/control panel/system/device manager and look
for duplicate items. In the past I have been able solve this problem by
simply deleting the extra duplicate icons of each item in the device
manager.
However, there have been times when Windows will rediscover the same
duplicate items on the next reboot  and reinstall these items before your
bootup to Windows platform finishes. Try it and see if this will solve your
issue.
PS while your in there check for conflicts between devices as well! (IRQ and
I/O)

Good Luck
Barry Clark
MCSE/CCNA