From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:10:27 -0700
Hello Westly,

Active Directory is Microsoft's new organizational structure for domains.
However, the only reason you NEED it is if you are planning on creating a
Windows 2000 domain and making the Windows 2000 Server your domain server.
If it is just a member server or if you don't plan on creating a domain, you
don't need it.  You can create local groups on the server for administration
and access rights.

Active Directory in and of itself is an entire class, and as such there is
an MCSE test just for this one portion of Windows 2000.  It would be
impossible to contain all you need to know about it in a single email.  If
you are really interested in using it, I would suggest you pay the $20-$30
for a good book on it.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"