From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:06:29 -1000
Robin Kiomento wrote:

> I am using Windows 98 and when I go to restart my machine it always freezes up at the Windows 98 screen, getting ready to shutdown.
> What settings do I need to change to stop this?

From your question there are in my humble opinion many things that can cause your problem and I am far, far, far from an expert from
knowing all the workings of  Windows.

I will suggest this, when your computer does not shut down can you use type the keys Ctrl/Alt/Del at the same time and bring up the
Close Program window and see if any current running software/hardware is Not Responding? If you see something not responding, try End
the Task and see if the computer shuts down. If your computer shuts down after you select End Task of the not responding item then see
if the program or hardware has an updated program or driver.