BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

thank goodness there is something worth watching on the TV <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:25:35 EST
Well I have done it again;
At 2 am I stubbed my toe coming out of the bathroom.
I was hoping on one foot demonstrating my dexterity when I  stepped on the
two year olds tinker toy which acted as a roller underneath.
 I was now in full swing on the center stage of my living room as my 200 plus
 lb frame became airborne in a feat of contortion not seen since the flying
Walinda's were on Ed Sullivan show.
Fortunately the angle of my act landed me partially on the couch and into a
pile of papers one of which stuck annoyingly to my ample backside.
I was alright;shaken by the G force but all right.
The paper stuck to my backside  announced the auction sale of a school house
built in 1940.I knew the building but did not know it was to be auctioned.

It is 14,000 sg ft of GSA poured concrete and plaster and 6 large class rooms
with high ceilings and T&G flooring  all in good shape.
It also has an T&G auditorium and stage that can sit 150.all in excellent
shape except 70 sq ft of water damage.It is all in bare bones condition and
has new wiring and plumbing.
 It sits in a very rural environment on 6 acres that has a one acre vegetable
garden and a swimming hole.
My wife and I knew the building and always liked it .T o make a long story
short we bid on it with a low number as it needs a new roof  and soffits.
 We did not get it.
 The high bidder
as it turned out could not pony up and lost the deposit.
The bid then went back to us;
we declined as there was a question about septic and taxes.
It then went to the low bidder.
The low bidder was rejected by the owner as too low.
We got another call by the auction house to come up with another number .
 We made another low offer after clearing up questions about septic and
taxes.

The call came last night its OURS.for about the cost of an expensive new pick
up truck ( sans new roof) .we sign papers tomorrow ... needless to say
everyone on Bullamanka now has a place to stay  in Deep woods Miss  and
y'all can come at  the same time bring paint brush and gift of gab.... Pray
for me..... Pyrate