BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Think about it: do you really __want__ Face.Recognition.Software?" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:21:59 -0800
--- Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > ?????  At least one of us is confused.
> >
> > Actually, I never argued that wild turkeys were
> smarter than any city
> > dweller.

[snipped]
> PS--Or did you mean that birds stampeding into a
> barrel are no more or less
> stupid than people who live in cities?

ralph,

regarding ppl who live in cities, and whether or not
they are more or less smart than ANYone or thing
who/that lives in the country...

let's don't go there  ;)

OK, let's...
suffice it to say, if you're from cornfield u.s.a., ya
gotta wonder why ppl willingly live somewhere where
everything costs too much, is too crowded, too loud,
too dirty, too harsh, too too toooo much...

sure I can get seventeen different kinds of
international food/clothes/furniture/music etc in a 10
square block area here, but what I really need is some
air that is not greasy with diesel and blaring with
horns.... I need to be somewhere where things aren't
quite so, ummm, extreme...

somewhere where swarthy men don't stare at me with
unconcealed hate in their eyes (because I'm not in a
head to toe sack?  because I wear jeans and run alone,
unaccompanied, down the block? because I am smiling?)

I need to be sitting in the top of a tree listening to
the wind, watching the turkeys on the hill across the
creek after the leaves come down -- but that's just
me, and I don't know whether I'm any more or less
smart than your average city dweller  ;)

deb  "head in brooklyn, heart in ohio and beyond"

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com