From:
Tom Karnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:54:53 -0700
Yes, the info below is evidence of a scam on the part of our government.
If you are owed a refund, you will not be told. If you find out that you
overpaid, you must write a letter begging for the refund of your own
money.

Even worse is the copyright office. When they raise their fees, they will
cash the insufficient check and then do nothing until you pay the extra
you owe.  They don't just send back the insufficient check or bill for the
balance. And if you ask why it's taking so long, you will be told to be
patient.  It's up to you to figure out that you owe more money.

These practices, and stupid forms like the one to change an address for a
ham license, must cost the government, us, billions per year in wasted
processing time.

But, hey!  We've got full employment!

Tom Karnes
Oceanside, California