Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:10:49 +1000
From: "Scott Farm" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 9:38 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Computer locks up.

> The following is a report showing my IRQ settings:
> Hardware IRQ Settings >>>
---------------------

>     5:          Creative SB16 Emulation

In device manager, there is an option (properties -> advanced setting) to
let you share IRQ with LPT port. this IRQ sharing saved me a lot of IRQ
conflict. I may not help for your case, but give it a go.

>     11:         NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

Some sites report that Elsa has heat problem with their card, check it out,
if this is the case.

>     11:         Realtek RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet NIC

There is a known problem with MS win98 rtl8029 driver, win98se should fix
the problem, but it is recommended to used NIC manuafacturer driver.

Jun Qian