Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:53:42 +0200
7bit
From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
I did same stupid thing a while ago. I am also fortunate in that I have 2
hard drives. I don't hink I was able to get into safe mode or anything to
change that setting back. The setting I am refering to is in device manager,
open up Hard Disk Controllers, Double Click Primary IDE controller or
Secondary IDE Controller and on the General tab bottom left there is a check
box "Disable in this Hardware Profile".

Unfortunately the only suggestion I have is to try hooking up the Drive to
another machine to get your data off it. Then reinstall Windows without
formatting. Although when I sorted out my PC I don't remember that working.

Bottom line though is to get hold of a Windows CD because, you will need to
reinstall and try to get your data off the drive, because you will loose
data.

Bob Allston said >
Sent: 30 March 2001 21:02

I did something stupid and need to know how to undo it.  I was attempting to
resolve a hardware conflict and I disabled the hard drive controller.  Now
when I boot up the machine all I get is a monochrome animation of putting a
floppy disk in the drive.  It is asking for a boot disk because it only
recognizes that drive now.  I have tried several boot disks to no avail.
The machine is an IBM Thinkpad 600E that was given to me by a failed dot-com
I worked for.  It was running Win 98SE (which I don't have the cd for).  Any
help would be appreciated, I have lots of stuff on that drive I would really
like to salvage if possible.