Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:44:00 -0700
Mike,
Web pages don't look the same to us as they do to the sighted.
Where the list of of links can appear virtually as background to them,
our software has to traverse through those lists.
JFW has a function to skip repeated text, and aybe Window-Eyes does, too,
but I really haven't always found it to work.
Regardless, we see repetition as the main event, they see it as background
unless they intend to deal with it.
But one of the Net's main problems is that most people don't visit sites
to view advertising links, to Net advertising hasn't been as successful as
the business community had hoped.
Since somebody has to pay the freight, I expect more efforts to interrupt
Web surfing with more obtrusive messages which can't be ignored.
Believe me, sighted folks complain about cumbersome web sites, too.
Last night, a work colleague bent my ear for ten minutes about the L.A.
Times website's clutter.
In general, I suspect that people, universally, aren't happy with ads on
the Net.
But ads are everywhere, even in places where us blind folks wouldn't
suspect.
Buy a candy bar, and you might find a Disney movie ad on the packaging.
We just have to deal with it.
--Rick