Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:52:51 -0800
From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
I tried using one of those tuner tuners and it didn't work for me.

Right now, I have a v antenna which is tuned for the high end of the 80
meter band.  I have a manual tuner connected and it is adjusted so I can
safely operate on 40 meters.

I wish there was a talking SWR meter or a way to use braille on the dials
so I could use the tuner for other bands, too.  CW doesn't suit me and
listening for noise doesn't work for me, either.

I've been told I can't use an automatic tuner with my antenna and the
built-in tuner inside the 570d is too narrow.

I'm spoiled because I've never had to worry about tuning at all--my
antennas had traps.

Any help the list can give me would be appreciated.  I'm at the
kindergarten level regarding tuners, so don't get too technical, please!

73 and 88, where appropriate!

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign, KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign, AAT9PX.