Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 07:52:04 -0500

Hi all. My impending nervous breakdown has been averted, as i was sent a
reprint of an article on enriched rice from Gluten-Free Living that was
concise and well researched and stated enriched white rice is gluten free
(Hooray!!)  the carriers used in the enrichment process are usually rice
starch or corn starch, and occasionally calcium carbonate.  (notice barley
not on this list).

I have no financial ties to the magazine, but am now thinking I should
subscribe.

The reason for my flip out was this:  if we cannot trust plain white rice to
be gf, how can we ever eat out?  How can we eat things like rice cakes, rice
crackers, rice pasta, rice cereal, or use rice flour, unless we research the
status of the rice?

take care all, Lynn