From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:58:37 -0700
I had a 1997 Gateway mid-tower that came with an Intel 440LX mobo.  It died
on Xmas Eve 2000.  I replaced it with an ASUS P3V4X.

Joseph;
most older microns use standard Intel OEM motherboards
here is a diagram of a Micron Millenia XKU Motherboard From the Micronpc
website.
http://support.micronpc.com/apps/Diacture.ASP?HUB=MBD001092-xx&Include=
you may have paste this long link into your browser if it gets cut off.
Looks like you have an Intel  LX chipset mobo.
Here is the intel link :
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/al440lx/
here is a back panel diagram for the al440lx mobo:
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/al440lx/al_con.htm#4
Compare that to yours as this diagram shows a classic ATX motherboard format
with onboard sound.
You should be able to glean enough info from these two sites to figure it
out.

I've been thinking of putting a new motherboard in my old (1997) computer.
It's a Micron Millenia XKU ATX Tower with 300 W PS and a Pentium II 300 MHz
Intel processor in an Intel MB.
My first question is how can I know which motherboards on the market will
fit into this case? Is there some technical description that I should know
about when looking for a new MB? Thanks for your help.