From:
James HIlls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:45:55 -0500
I am working on a HP Vectra XU 5/90C computer with two
1 gb hard drives and a Toshiba CD-ROM all on an AMD SCSI
controller and the BIOS is assigned the following to that controller.

SCSI ID  VENDOR     PRODUCT                       CAPACITY     INT13H
 2             HP               1.05 GB #A2                    1001MB
80h
 4             Toshiba        CD-ROM XM-3601TA    N/A          N/A
 6             Quantum      FIREBALL1080S             1042MB   81h

When I go Explorer I find the first disk assigned to "C:".
I have reassigned the CD-ROM from "D:" to "E:".
I have been unable to assign the FIREBALL a device letter.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get access
to the
second hard disk  HP has no help for this system.

The system was donated to local elementary school for use by students
and
I am assisting in the maintenance and installs.

Jim Hills
Houston TX

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com