From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:04:31 -0700
Hi jeff,

Sounds like the battery that came with the motherboard is DOA.  Should be
about $2-$3 at your local electronics store.  You should be able to pop or
slip out the battery and take it with you to make sure you get the wrong
one.  If that doesn't turn out to be the problem, at least it's a cheap fix
to check and then you have a spare battery on hand.

The other problem could be a BIOS virus has already gotten ahold of it, or
you could have a bad chip.  The last one is a one-in-a-million shot as they
are usually highly reliable.

Hope this helps!

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions