Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:26:43 -0400
The memory manufacturers make a big deal out of it and will give almost
anyone on this list a wrong answer.  It will be a wrong answer because when
you build your own system they are totally lost.

The prime question is whether you can use high density ram such is normally
represented by most 256 sticks.  The limitation is the total that the board
can handle.  If it can handle all the slots filled with that you will be ok.
Anyway even if it can't all it will do is use half the memory.  If you buy
it on price watch it will be less than half in a retail store so you will
not have lost anything.  But I have always found that it ran anyway in spite
of what I was told.

Rick
Richard Hallett
Pittsfield Me