EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dan C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:15:54 -0000
Hi. First small question...

>Third, take elevated free fatty acids in the blood stream and add insulin
>along with a high glycemic meal and you have a classic situation that
>affects adult onset diabetics: poor fatty acid metabolism [...snip...]

1) Can "fatty acid metabolism" be trained or is it something you're born
with?

On a different note...

2) Have you ever heard of Stew Smith's Navy Seal hypoxic exercise
variations?

Basically, you hold your breath as long as you can while doing the exercise
(ex. swimming, but I found out it works fine with Pavel Tsatsouline's "Evil
Wheel" too). No unconsciousness necessary (laugh). My educated guess is that
you simulate near-anaerobic state by cutting your oxygen input...Could this
be a quick shortcut to the high-growth hormone setting we all search for?

Thanks in advance,

Dan C.