BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Panhandle: "At least now I have something to hold on to.
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:02:39 -0700
Plus, even Haystack Calhoun couldn't throw those things around.  I think
they weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of half a ton, but I never tried
to throw one.  Up here they wrap them in white plastic also.  They are not
very farmy looking, don't conjure up romantic images of a barn dance or
anything.  Before they took to wrapping them up we used to call them
"dinosaur turds."  Now they don't even look that good.  It takes a large
fork lift with a long spike on the front to lift them.  If you have the
equipment though they are much more efficient as it takes lots less labor
to handle them.  All you do is get one in place in the feed area and unwrap
it and the cows eat from it as is.  Sort of an "instant breakfast" for
bovines.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT