From:
tandy way <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:38:27 -0800
you are going to be vary  vary disappointed with psk31 it has nothing going
for it for blind people.  it is not error correcting so you get lots of
garble. and you can't tune in a single station no matter how good your ears
are. even if you are the famous or infamous (whistler) you won't be able to
separate a specific signal.  I worked extensively with howard teller or
skip teller as he is known by using the digipan program that tunes
the  dial for you but even with special macros written in to the program I
regarded the tests as a failure and not waste any more time with it.  I do
successfully run standard r t t y and pactor and amtor and cw using a dos
program written for speech which is now in the public domain as the author
did not want to work on anymore. it is called "hamcom" there is another
program called hamcom from germany but that is not the same one.  several
people have copies of the hamcom I am talking about and can give you a
copy.  it works best with the a.e.a. pk232 the older models prior to when
time wave took a e a over.  I have had many q s os with the pk232 in host
mode and this software running on a 200mhz pentium in dos 6
tandy k4ysn