From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:54:56 -0400
What "real mode" drivers or environment variables are being loaded on the
drive that works?  Check the config.sys and autoexec.bat files on the drive
that works.  Are the same settings being loaded on the drive that doesn't
work ?  How about win.ini and system.ini - are there differences here that
would affect the sound drivers?  Do you show any conflicts in Device Manager
when using the drive that doesn't work?

> I posted problem of having sound disappear. Sound reappeared when I
> switched hard drives. This shows sound card (on board) and speakers were
> operating satisfactorily. The only thing I could think of that would have
> been the problem is sound drivers on first hard drive. I uninstalled and
> reinstalled the drivers several times with no success. I also got a new
> set of drivers, and tried those, with no success. The viable drivers,
> second set below, are slightly different, even though installed from same
> source. I still want to get sound with other hard drive. Would I be best
> off copying drivers from second hard drive and using those for drivers
> for first hard drive? If so, where do I find driver files that are on
> second hard drive to copy? Win98.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com