From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:25:10 -0500
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:13:34 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>To add an obligatory counterpoint, if weight loss is your goal,
>unlimited consumption of Neanderthin foods may or may not work.
>It didn't work for me and several others on this list.  I was
>able to lose weight finally, although I've never reached a low
>body fat level, but only by a very restrictive regimen.
>For reasons that are obscure (to me, anyway) some people seem to
>gain weight like crazy if they eat nuts or nut butters.

I would put it this way:
look at the permitted (NeanderThin) food groups

  meats and fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, berries

as valves -- you need to find the right volume settings of each
valve for you and your goals.

NeanderThin says that you may need to turn the
first valve on and the others totally off for a while to eliminate BF and
then turn some other valves on gradually -- and find the right settings
for you. In any case you cannot set all valves arbitrarily.

I eat nuts sproradically (very low valve setting).
Why? Because I've found just what Todd said: nuts and meats do not
effect me the same -- I can eat fatty meats and stay cut but too many
nuts tend to increase BF.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com