BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"I want the details. Give me ALL the details." ---][<en
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:00:42 -0500
Message text written by "\"The mouth is the most dangerous part of the
person.\" --NYC Cab          Driver"
>You used
to be able to take the tressle bridged Cabin John streetcar line from
Georgetown up the shore of the Potomac. <

The Cabin John streetcar bridge is still used as part of MacArthur Blvd
(with traffic lights controlling alternate one-way traffic) and the
streetcar tracks are still visible at the main entrance to the park.

BTW, although the NPS may not know what to do with the place, one of our
most stalwart attendees is Stan the Dancing Ranger, who arranges his work
schedule so he is on duty for dance events--which usually means on the
dance floor--in his clodhoppers! Good dancers can transcend their footwear.

DW