BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hey, Eric, OK, we promise we've noted your New Direct Telephone & Fax Numbers!" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:19:22 EST
The Pinhead Pyrate writes:

I am using lead shim  and I am using  a malable "rope" of  putty called the green seal

The lead shims are used, for all practical purposes as spacers to maintain uniform joint width and keep your mortar from being squished out when you set your monster granite drums, right?  Why lead rather than the plastic shims I have seen frequently?  And why the need for preventing contact (with the green seal) between the setting and the pointing mortars?

Retired yout' wants ta know