BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:54:08 -0400

In a message dated 8/28/00 2:15:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

>  we're all trying so hard to be scholarly and polite in here.

"in here."

This raises an interesting question about reality and its virtual cousin.

Do I come here when I need to get out of here (where I am)?  How many of you
view this place (in here) as a physical domain in your mental construct, as
if we are all together on a virtual vessel bobbing about in the sea of
electrons?
Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.,          "Help me, Mr. Wizard!  I don't
Raleigh Historic                        want to be here anymore!"
Districts Commission                             - Tooter the Turtle

PS: This was a carefully chosen analogy.  The only other one that naturally
comes to mind is: "as if we are all together in a virtual structure at Gab
and Eti's museum in Bullamanka."  I didn't think all y'all wanted to crowd
in there, so I didn't go there.  As for me, I just had the new olfactory
card installed last week in the PC slot right above the video card, and I'm
not ready for that test yet.