BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"Panhandle: \"At least now I have something to hold on to." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:12:30 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2001 3:49:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Speaking of schizoid, Ken, I have one sister who is schizophrenic. She's
not likely to wield an axe unless tormented and teased by what she
experiences as an uncompassionate world. >>

Nadine,

I should state that we love our schizophrenic neighbor and have had many
interesting and rewarding experiences with him. It is the reports of his
freaking out over Afghanistan, from his ex-wife who knows perfectly well what
he is capable of handling, and our inability to engage with him at this time
that worries me.

Plenty of room for weirdness. A correspondent related this afternoon his
having gone to a party in Soho last night and his LI friend, not knowing
quite where he was at and used to ocean air, on getting out of the truck
remarked that the air smelled like barbecue. This must have increased in
interest as the night went on as the fresh-air sniffer at the party also
accepted the Kool-Aid acid test from the buxom young flower lady proffering
the punch bowl. He was thirsty. Reports are that everyone made it home in one
universe.

][<en