BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"Hey, this list is not about Nadine - it's about RALPH!" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:10:39 -0400
7bit
From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Absolutely!  Hurricane Fran completely breached the dam for Yates Mill, a
millsite since 1756, with the present mill structure partially dating from
1820 with 1860s major revamping.  It provided an excellent opportunity to
observe such a dam in cross section.  It was rebuilt with a concrete core
and faced with stone in order to meet current regulations for dams.

http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/univ_relations/news_services/press_releases/00_04/
110.htm

This press release gives contact info at the top.  I would start with
Rebeccah; she can probably get you in touch with the design team and others
with the detailed records.

Wish I could be more help, but I gotta lot to do before I leave for
Providence Monday.

Cheers to all,
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic                               I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                                   - Scarecrow
919/890-3678