EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:09:32 +0100
Maybe I should have read this thread before asking about availability of
K3000 for OS X.

It's funny - we've always thought Apple were more responsive to
accessibility issues - and I think we've let them get away with loads
compared to the amount of grief we've given microsoft  - developers
hacking into the Windows OS to find hooks for screenreaders (exposing all
sorts of holes) or users pressuring that made them start considering
their 'off-screen model' ... I think we've let Apple rest on their
laurels for too long. I think the magnifier and screenreader features of
OS X added on at .2 are OK but nothing like a proper solution like e.g.
Zoomtext or Jaws. Apple for once can and should be shamed by Microsoft's
(admittedly begrudging at first) response to its users!
Ian