From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:40:22 EST

My doctors still do not believe that I have CD.  I am overweight, have a long
history of serious malnutrition despite a healthy diet, and IGA deficiency,
but because of severe symptoms and adrenal insufficiency, I have opted not to
do the challenge necessary to get a biopsy.  When I eat gluten, the coating
strips off of my tongue within an hour, leaving little sores, but it is not
an allergy.  One of the upper GI problems that have been unexplained to me by
the gastrointerologists is this rapid intestinal transit problem when I have
an upper GI test.  The barium drink flows through so quickly, they cannot get
a picture.  The gastrointerologists have no explanation and offer no advice
as to why this is happening.  I would imagine that it is a sign of some
celiacs, that the villi are so flat that it does not stop the food long
enough to absorb it.  Does any one out there, especially a doctor, have any
clue as to the cause and medical result that rapid transit can cause in
digestion?  I know not all celiacs have this disorder, but is it a result of
CD and unhealed villi, or is there another explanation?  How many others out
there have been diagnosed with this problem?  Carol in NJ